(COLUMBIA, Tenn. – Feb. 5, 2017) – – -Columbia State Community College will host Tennessee Reconnect information sessions on each campus during the month of February.
Tennessee Reconnect is a last-dollar scholarship that provides free tuition for adults to attend a community college. The initiative is designed to help adults enter college to gain new skills, advance in the workplace and fulfill lifelong dreams of completing a degree or credential.
To be eligible for Tennessee Reconnect, students must meet the following requirements:
• Haven’t earned an associate or bachelor’s degree.
• Have been a Tennessee resident for at least one year.
• Complete the Free Application For Student Aid and be determined as an independent student.
• Be admitted to Columbia State and enroll in a degree or certificate program.
• Must attend at least part-time (6 credit hours).
• Participate in a college success program through a Reconnect Community.
Prospective students can attend one of the following information sessions to learn more:
Columbia Campus Feb. 15 5:30 p.m. 1665 Hampshire Pike
Lewisburg Campus Feb. 20 5:30 p.m. 980 South Ellington Parkway
To to view the full list of steps to apply, or to sign up for an information session, please visit www.ColumbiaState.edu/Reconnect.
For more information, contact Allison at 931.540.2655 or by email at jallison6@ColumbiaState.edu.