Sponsors: First Commerce Bank, Okay Tire and Brake Center, Lyons, John Karby - Edward Jones Investments, Chad Fox Allstate Insurance, Blalock Plumbing and Electric
Sponsors: First Commerce Bank, First National Bank, Griffin Cook and Sons, H&S Pharmacy #1&2, Lyons Chevrolet, Buick, and GM, and Meredith Warner Animal Clinic
Sponsors: First Commerce Bank, H&S Pharmacy #1 &2, Meredith Warner Animal Clinic, Rejuvenate at Jubilee Hills, John Karby-Edward Jones Investments, and Ledford Employee Exchange.
|Steer Clear of Carbon Monoxide Hazards|
NASHVILLE, TN – According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, each year in America more than 150 people die from accidental, non-fire related carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning associated with consumer products. These products include faulty, improperly used or incorrectly vented fuel-burning appliances such as furnaces, stoves, water heaters and fireplaces.
CO, often called "the silent killer," is a gas you cannot see, taste, or smell. It can be created when fossil fuels, such as kerosene, gasoline, coal, natural gas, propane, methane or wood do not burn properly. CO poisoning can result from faulty furnaces or other heating appliances, portable generators, water heaters, clothes dryers or cars left running in garages. Symptoms of CO poisoning include headache, nausea and drowsiness. Exposure to undetected high levels of carbon monoxide can be fatal.
The State Fire Marshal’s Office offers these tips to keep your home safe from CO dangers:
The State Fire Marshal’s Office (www.tn.gov/commerce/sfm/) is a division of the Department of Commerce and Insurance (www.tn.gov/commerce/), which works to protect consumers while ensuring fair competition for industries and professionals who do business in Tennessee. www.tn.gov/commerce/, @TNCommerceInsur (Twitter), http://on.fb.me/uFQwUZ (Facebook), http://bit.ly/ry1GyX (YouTube)