Sponsors: First Commerce Bank, Okay Tire and Brake Center, Lyons, John Karby - Edward Jones Investments, Chad Fox Allstate Insurance, Blalock Plumbing and Electric
Sponsors: First Commerce Bank, First National Bank, Griffin Cook and Sons, H&S Pharmacy #1&2, Lyons Chevrolet, Buick, and GM, and Meredith Warner Animal Clinic
Sponsors: First Commerce Bank, H&S Pharmacy #1 &2, Meredith Warner Animal Clinic, Rejuvenate at Jubilee Hills, John Karby-Edward Jones Investments, and Ledford Employee Exchange.
|Marshall Medical Center Offers Tips For Winter Heater Safety|
LEWISBURG, Tenn. – When the temperatures drop during the winter months, heaters help us to stay warm. However, some heating sources can pose danger when proper care is not taken. Marshall Medical Center’s (MMC’s) Emergency Department and the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) offer advice on the safe use of winter heating sources.
According to ACEP, each year people are burned, start fires, get shocked and even die from carbon monoxide poisoning because they do not take proper precautions.
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain and confusion. Loss of consciousness can occur if high levels are inhaled.
“Every home should have a carbon monoxide detector, and if you have any of these symptoms, you should seek emergency care,” said Dr. Mitchell.
When preparing your home’s winter heating source, the following safety advice is recommended: